Research Strategy and Planning
We meet clients’ research needs where they are, beginning with a needs assessment to understand the landscape, to evaluating reform efforts and monitoring progress.
- Research design
- Needs assessments
- Policy and practice inventories
- Landscape analysis
Quantitative and Qualitative Research
We analyze and synthesize data to provide leaders and teams with a clear and evidenced understanding of critical issues and strategies.
- Focus groups
- Literature reviews
- Large-scale data collections
- Site visits
- Consumer testing
Program and Policy Evaluation
We use rigorous methods to evaluate programs at the pilot, replication, or scaled stage. Our evaluation designs provide real-time feedback to support continuous improvement.
- Customized, iterative, evaluations
- Formative and summative evaluations
- Quasi-experimental design
- Culturally responsive, participatory, systems, and developmental frameworks
Data Collection and Management
We support our clients’ data goals with customized data collection, management, and interactive reporting systems that enable easy analysis, assessment, monitoring and modeling.
- Customized data collection systems; managed data collections
- FERPA and HEA Privacy Act compliant systems
- Customized benchmarking metrics
- Interactive data reporting tools
- Widely vetted data sharing agreements
Data Coaching and Tools
We expand organizations’ data capacity by facilitating the strategic use of data that drives change.
- Workshops, webinars, and tutorials
- Technical assistance
- Tools, toolkits, and guides
Examples of data coaching topics include:
- Conduct a deep data dive
- Benchmarking and target setting
- Tell your institution’s or network’s story
- Document the impact of promising practices
- Create a data plan
- Communicate effectively with data